Earlier this week Erin Brambilla nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Wow. Thank you Erin!
Here are the rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
7 random facts about me :taps finger against chin: hmm…
- Your shoe size really does increase with each pregnancy. Sigh. I went from a petite 6 to an 8.
- I recycle everything. A very frustrating thing in Vegas where the recycling truck only comes once every two weeks yet we have twice a week garbage pick-up.
- I have my Aunt Gina’s original recipe for Haggis. The only problem is I don’t have 200-300 people to feed it to if I make it!
- I was the first child, on both sides of my family, to be born in the States.
- I can’t watch TV without something to do in my hands. Cross-stitching usually but I’d like to get back into knitting.
- Living in Vegas is the furthermost I’ve ever lived from an ocean.
- I love to bake. Can someone wave the magic no calories wand so I can actually enjoy what I bake? Please. Pie trumps cake any day of the week! (And yes, Erin, I think a pie post on National Pie Day is in order.)
My nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award go to…
- Book-Wrym-Knits — I first met Nicole through our mutual friend Joely Sue Burkhart. Knitter extraordinaire, Nicole makes me wish I wore socks! She’s @ca_bookwyrm on Twitter.
- DB Smyth — Deborah offers up thought-provoking blog posts. She even has a cool “I am a writer” button for anyone who needs the extra kick in the pants. She’s @DB_Smyth on Twitter.
- Tiffany A White — Tiffany is a friendly member of Kristen Lamb’s #MyWANA Twibe. If you’re ever in question about what to watch be sure to check out her Tele-Tuesday posts, she’s got y’all covered. You can find her on Twitter as @Tiffany_A_White.
- Stazia Charles — I met Stazia through Twitter (@StaziaCharles), she’s fun and friendly and I’ve recently started reading her blog.
- SynTAROTis — I met Martie through Twitter (@SynTAROTis) and love the spreads and insight.
I joined Joely Sue Burkhart’s writing challenge in the hopes of finishing the first pass of revisions on my WiP.
Forth weekly update…not bad but not as good as I’d hoped. I knew going in this section needed the most work and it’s slow going. I’m not as confident as I was last week that I’ll get this revision pass done before the wee beasties are out of school for the summer. I am, however, pushing onward.
To make it accountable, I said:
- Act One (16K) the first week
- Act Two, part one (16K) the second week
- Act Two, part two (16K) the third week
- Act Three (16K) the forth week
How did working toward your goals go this week?