- Tomorrow, I’m over at Maria Zannini’s as part of her DIY 12 Days of Christmas. I hadn’t realized Maria was starting her Do It Yourself 12 Days of Christmas on Wednesday, otherwise I would have mentioned it last week.
There’s a giveaway Hope you’ll stop by!
- Have a reader on your list? Aside from the obvious buying of books and giving of gift certificates to bookstores (certainly much loved gifts), what to give? MizB at Should Be Reading introduced me to GoneReading. And the best part is that the profits go to fund libraries. That folks is a win-win.
- The pressure to get things done before the wee beasties are out of school for the holiday is on. The only downside to the holiday season for me. On the other hand, That Man is taking a week of vacation time so we have some quality day trips planned.
- Blog: I finally got my posts finalized and scheduled for most of the month. I lied about commenting on 3 blogs last Sunday but I made it up Monday And I think I maintained my minimum of 3 blogs this week.
- Social Media: Fail. I was in a bit of a funk this last week and never opened TweetDeck. Will do better this coming week.
- Wordage: See the above mentioned funk.
- Some of my above mentioned funk may have to do with my knitting focus. I blame Nicole over at Book-Wyrm-Knitsfor tantalizing me with her socks and general knitting endeavors.When we first got Beastie Girl, aka the dog, aka Roxy, I thought she’d been shaved for the summer. I’ve never seen a dog with such naturally short hair. She’s also all muscle. She has no fat stores — oh, to have that problem, LOL — and has actually been shivering with cold at night. Worse, she doesn’t want to go outside first thing in the morning or after the sun goes down at night. A house bound dog she was not meant to be!That Man said he’d pick up a sweater at the pet store. I scoffed at that. I have leftover yarn. I have needles. I can knither a sweater. Off on the hunt for a dog sweater pattern I go. It was quite the hunt too. Most of the patterns I found maxed out at a 24 inch chest and Beastie Girl has a 30 inch chest. My knitting is rusty enough that I didn’t want to try and adjust a pattern.Pay dirt. I stumbled across this Cables and Hearts pattern.
The only real change I made was to knit this on a circular needle. I love knitting but detest, with unreasonable passion, sewing the knitted pieces together. If I do this again — and what girl is satisfied with one sweater? — I’ve noted additional adjustments. I was hoping to have a work in progress picture but ran out of time before scheduling this post. It’s a fast knit so maybe I’ll have the finished sweater next week
- Also, save the date: December 20thBayard/Lamb 2012 Campaign Blog Tour will be stopping by.
11 Dec 2011 24 Comments
in ROW80, Sunday Summary Tags: Bayard/Lamb 2012, blog, blogging, challenges, DIY Christmas, dogs, Facebook, family, GoneReading, guest blogger, hobbies, knitting, Kristen Lamb, Maria Zannini, Nicole Tom, Piper Bayard, Raelyn Barclay, readers, reading, ROW80, Should Be Reading, Twitter, WiP, writers, writing