29 Jul 2012
in General, Sunday Summary
Tags: Angela Brown, blog, blog awards, blogging, Doctor Who, Fabio Bueno, Jenny Hansen, Maria Zannini, Melanie Macek, Morning Pages, Raelyn Barclay, readers, reading, Stacy Green, WiP, word count, writers, writing
Not much to report for the Summary this week.
On the writing front, I’ve continued to do my Morning Pages. However, the deeper I get into the revisions I’m attempting, the less patience I have in doing them. Plus side, revisions feel pretty good. I rewrote the opening scene on Friday, 1048 words, and rewrote almost three scenes Saturday, 2664 words. I know all these will need another run through but right now I’m aiming to clean up plot.
On the reading front, I have two stories to beta. Bad me, I haven’t started either. I will get them done soon, Melanie and Angela, I promise.
And I have a standing date with Doctor Who starting Saturday
~ * ~
The amazing Melanie Macek awarded me the Illuminating Blogger Award on the same day I awarded her the Sunshine Award and Fabulous Blog Ribbon. I swear we were channeling each other, LOL.
Something we seem to do a lot.
Thank you Mel!
Here are the rules for the award:
- Visit the Blog who awarded you and thank them.
- Tell everyone who nominated you, thank the blogger and include a link back to their site on your blog.
- Share a random thing about yourself.
- Select five or more nominees — and notify them on their blogs.
- Put the award on your blog somewhere.
A random factoid about moi:
I won first prize in a third grade essay contest about my hometown. Even had my picture in the local paper
My five nominees are:
Fabio from Diamonds & Rust
Stacy from Turning the Page
Jenny from More Cowbell
Angela from In a Pursuit of Publishness
Maria from Tale of Otherworlds
They are welcome to indulge in randomness if they like I hope you’ll visit these bloggers and see why they are so special!
29 May 2012
in General, Tasty Tuesday
Tags: blog, blog awards, blogging, brownies, candy, cheese, Chocolate Sausepan Brownies, dessert, enchiladas, Melanie Macek, pies, Raelyn Barclay, recipes, tea
The lovely and talented Melanie nominated me for this award.
May 06, 2012 @ 12:43:56 [Edit]
…Oh, I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger award! Stop by Tuesday to get the deets.
Thanks so much Mel!
The rules are:
The Beautiful Blogger Award is for those blogs that are creative, original and add to the blogging community. You’re supposed to bestow it on seven people and here’s the “rules:” I say, no worries if you’re a rule-breaker, then just put the award on your blog.
- Link to the creative, beautiful genius that bestowed it upon you.
- List seven random things about yourself.
- Send said award to seven (or how ever many you want) other creative, beautiful geniuses.
- Tell those lucky people that you’ve done this and give em’ the rules.
Oh boy, more random facts to come up with, bet I make you hungry this time
- You will never see me eat one of these –
- I’d much rather have this –
Chocolate Saucepan Brownies
Maybe not the whole pan in one sitting And because I love you guys the recipe is below.
- Tea, in any form, is probably my favorite drink.
- That’s not a cheese…
THAT’S a cheese…
- This is one of my favorite dinners –
- BBQ is also pretty high on the ol’ list of favorites, which That Man is doing right now as I type and schedule this post. The smells drifting up to me are drool-worthy.
- Pie is, by far, my FAVORITE dessert. (Also on tonight’s menu…yum.)
Chocolate Saucepan Brownies
4 squares of unsweetened baker’s chocolate
2/3 cup oil
2 cups of sugar
1 1/3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla
Melt chocolate in saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Add oil. Beat in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt, blending well. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into greased 13X9 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cut into squares immediately. Then cool.
Wee Beastie Rating:
Since y’all are beautiful to me, tag, you’re it
16 Feb 2012
Tags: Adrian Paul, Angela Brown, blog, blog awards, blogging, Christopher Eccleston, Ciara Knight, Claire Hennessy, Clive Owen, Eric Etebari, Erin Brambilla, Gerard Butler, Gina Carey, Hugh Jackman, Marcia Richards, Mark Dacascos, men, Natalie Hartford, Oded Fehr, Raelyn Barclay, Sendhil Ramamurthy, sexy, Shemar Moore, top 10 list, Will Smith
29 May 2011
in General, Organization & Productivity, Writing
Tags: blog, blog awards, blogging, challenges, DB Smyth, edits & revisions, goals, Joely Sue Burkhart, Kristen Lamb, Martie Groenewald, MayNoWriMo, Nicole Tom, Raelyn Barclay, Stazia Charles, SynTAROTis, Tiffany A White, Twitter, WiP, writers, writing
Earlier this week Erin Brambilla nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Wow. Thank you Erin!
Here are the rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
7 random facts about me :taps finger against chin: hmm…
- Your shoe size really does increase with each pregnancy. Sigh. I went from a petite 6 to an 8.
- I recycle everything. A very frustrating thing in Vegas where the recycling truck only comes once every two weeks yet we have twice a week garbage pick-up.
- I have my Aunt Gina’s original recipe for Haggis. The only problem is I don’t have 200-300 people to feed it to if I make it!
- I was the first child, on both sides of my family, to be born in the States.
- I can’t watch TV without something to do in my hands. Cross-stitching usually but I’d like to get back into knitting.
- Living in Vegas is the furthermost I’ve ever lived from an ocean.
- I love to bake. Can someone wave the magic no calories wand so I can actually enjoy what I bake? Please. Pie trumps cake any day of the week! (And yes, Erin, I think a pie post on National Pie Day is in order.)
My nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award go to…
- Book-Wrym-Knits — I first met Nicole through our mutual friend Joely Sue Burkhart. Knitter extraordinaire, Nicole makes me wish I wore socks! She’s @ca_bookwyrm on Twitter.
- DB Smyth — Deborah offers up thought-provoking blog posts. She even has a cool “I am a writer” button for anyone who needs the extra kick in the pants. She’s @DB_Smyth on Twitter.
- Tiffany A White — Tiffany is a friendly member of Kristen Lamb’s #MyWANA Twibe. If you’re ever in question about what to watch be sure to check out her Tele-Tuesday posts, she’s got y’all covered. You can find her on Twitter as @Tiffany_A_White.
- Stazia Charles — I met Stazia through Twitter (@StaziaCharles), she’s fun and friendly and I’ve recently started reading her blog.
- SynTAROTis — I met Martie through Twitter (@SynTAROTis) and love the spreads and insight.
I joined Joely Sue Burkhart’s writing challenge in the hopes of finishing the first pass of revisions on my WiP.
Forth weekly update…not bad but not as good as I’d hoped. I knew going in this section needed the most work and it’s slow going. I’m not as confident as I was last week that I’ll get this revision pass done before the wee beasties are out of school for the summer. I am, however, pushing onward.
To make it accountable, I said:
- Act One (16K) the first week
- Act Two, part one (16K) the second week
- Act Two, part two (16K) the third week
- Act Three (16K) the forth week
How did working toward your goals go this week?