What I See:
The butterfly spiral fascinates me. It looks like a path. I think of climbing to a higher plane. It also looks like a kite tail. That reminds me of a Karen Marie Moning (Dreamfever) quote, “I am a kite in a tornado but I have a long string. There is tension in my line. Somewhere, someone is holding onto the other end and, although it cannot spare me this storm, it will not let me be lost while I regain my strength. It is enough.” I love the idea of having the freedom to soar in the clouds with the security of someone grounding you.
The girl’s face speaks to a sense of discovery. I remember the boys’ preschools getting the butterfly kits you see on TV and then releasing the butterflies. They had the same look of wonder on their faces.
General Air element/Sword suit:
Please refer back to the Ace of Air.
Light (upright) Reading:
A whimsical insight on an old situation.
- Keywords: Clever, Vigilant, Objective, Practical, or Alertness.
Shadow (upside down or reverse) Reading:
Beware critical voices.
- Keywords: Gossip, Defensive, Scathing, Sneaky, or Caustic.
Perhaps a story mirroring the cycle of caterpillar to butterfly. Or, maybe, like my boys, a student learning by observation. Or a teacher showing the cycle to his/her class.
What about a Faery tale?
Maybe, you see a kite tail. Perhaps your MC has his head in the clouds or she’s a dreamer. How about a voice on the wind?
Perhaps explore the darker side and center your story around a gossip. Or maybe, the office water cooler?
- Child Themes: Curiosity, Hope, Innocence, Opening, Trust, Beginnings, Novelty, Growth, Study, or Apprenticeship.
According to Tarot for Writers by Corrine Kenner, “historically the Page of Swords connected to spies, surveillance, undercover operatives, and secret service employees.” That’s not only opens possibilities for your MC’s personality and/or job but a whole host of plots.
“I learn new things by keeping an open mind.” ~ Joanna Powell Colbert
- Suit Archetype/Feudal Class: Nobility, Warrior, and Political class.
MBTI: ISTP (Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving)
The nine-point personality enneagram can also be useful for character building.
Children/Pages/Princesses are E5: Observer, Investigator, and/or Sage
- Self Image — I see through
- Passion — Greed
- Virtue — Detachment
- Narcissistic Trap — Knowledge
- Avoids — Emptiness
- Speaking Style — Explaining or Systematizing
E5 people are ruled by their head. They need to understand the pattern of events, where all the pieces fit in the puzzle of life, and are often detached from their emotions. Their objectivity may hide feelings of isolation or confusion.
Additionally, look up one of the Air signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) for personality traits.
- Careers: Student of Law, Science, Anthropology, and Medicine; Computer Programmer, Dispatcher, Telemarketer, Receptionist, Mail Carrier, Playwright, Orator, and Driver.
- Recreation: Dancing, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Chess, Tai Chi, and Anything that helps balance their mind, body, and soul.
For more information on the Children in general, please refer back to Child of Water.
Image: Gaian Tarot by Joanna Powell Colbert from Llewellyn Worldwide