Here’s a tease of the cards up for grabs in the blogiversary giveaway…
Okay, on to the update.
- The Writing: Apparently, working on the shiny is speaking to me this week
- Monday: 805 words mostly new wordage with a bit of character development.
- Tuesday: 685 words toward character development.
- Wednesday: 0 words.
- Thursday: 0 words.
- Friday: 145 words toward plot points.
- Saturday: 631 words of new wordage.
So while I didn’t write every day this week I exceeded the overall words (1750) for the week.
- As you can see from above, I’ve been working on characters. Marcy Kennedy wrote a wonderful post about characters who don’t match stereotypical qualities and included a link to Rob Preece’s guest post Women are from Venus, Men are annoying. LOL, a great male POV post! I’m firmly in the John Gray camp of Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex so it’s nice seeing it applied to crafting characters. And if that isn’t enough character deliciousness, Roni Loren also posted about writing the male POV. Is it any wonder my hero has been taking up all my time? And he hasn’t even told me his name yet!
- The Reading: Check. I finished The Plot Thickens: 8 Ways to Bring Fiction to Life and read two fiction stories. Now to decide which craft book to start next.
- The Blogging: Check. Maintaining about a two week cushion on posts and met my comment goals for the week.
- The Social Media: I did well with the sharing this week. However, I don’t think I met my updating goal and, sadly, didn’t meet the conversation goal.
- August McLaughlin has more great info on Pinterest and blogging.
- The Health: Managed 4 glasses of water per day all days this week but Saturday. No dog walking. Bad fur-baby parent, bad. Sugar reduction is going well. I didn’t even cave with all the Easter stuff in the house…go me
- And speaking of health, Jenny Hansen reminds us women of medical tests we should have done. When was your last visit to the doctor?
- Fur baby loving. (This is my phone wallpaper…we girls have to stick together!) Amy Shojai talked about why NOT to hug your dog today. (Edit: link fixed)
- To support the awesomeness that is ROW80 you can go HERE