30 Apr 2013
Tags: blog, blogging, bucket list, Raelyn Barclay, top 10 list
Have you ever been to a Bucket List party?
One of my co-workers went to a Bucket List party recently and we’ve been talking about our bucket lists around the water cooler (yeah, we actually have one). I thought it was a rather cool idea.
So, let’s have a virtual one!
The buffet is to your left. The beer and pop are in the cooler by the patio door. Wine is on the counter. Help yourself. Pull up a seat. Who knows, we might find something to add to our lists
In no particular order, my top ten bucket list items:
- Go on a honeymoon with That Man. Believe it or not, we never got around to it.
- Extensively travel Scotland, Wales, and England. I want to trace my family trees.
- Learn Scots Gaelic.
- Cruise across the Atlantic and come into New York. I want to see the Statue of Liberty from the deck of a ship.
- Actually learn Belly Dancing. Not the thing I call belly dancing, LOL
- Become a published author.
- Write a letter to each of the wee beasties telling them about my life and the lessons learned.
- Create and maintain a Happiness project.
- Get all of the wee beasties’ scrapbook albums done before they graduate high school. (I better get on this one! Oldest only has four more years.)
- Actually meet, in real life, all the amazing people I’ve met online!
What’s on your bucket list?
12 Feb 2013
in Ten on Tuesday
Tags: blog, blogging, love, Raelyn Barclay, romance, top 10 list
Today’s prompt: 10 Fun Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Slip a love note into your honey’s lunch box or briefcase.
- Share an evening walk with your honey.
- Write the reasons you love your honey and leave the messages around the house for them to find.
- Make a video on your phone sharing romantic things like how you met.
- Single? Share your love by volunteering for the day.
- Have a picnic.
- Play hooky from work together.
- Make a mix-tape of your songs and dance the night away.
- Recreate your first date.
- Share a bubble bath.
What’s your favorite way to spend Valentine’s Day?
22 Jan 2013
in Ten on Tuesday
Tags: blog, blogging, Nicole Tom, Raelyn Barclay, top 10 list
Tomorrow is National Pie Day. An event I haven’t missed since learning of its existence. After all, pie IS my favorite dessert.
It isn’t that I forgot. Rather, knowing I had a three-day weekend right beforehand, I procrastinated. Procrastinated, yeah, I keep meaning to join procrastinator’s anonymous.
And typical of a three-day weekend and all four wee beasties at home…no pie.
Nicole does a regular Top 10 List feature over on her blog, called Ten on Tuesday. I mentioned its fun brilliance and she pointed me toward Carole where I registered for the Ten on Tuesday prompts.
10 Things You Always Have in Your Car
- Booster seat
- First-aid kit…four boys, need I say more?
- ABBA CD
- An outlet thing (adapter?) we plug into the lighter spot that allows us to charge anything from phones to DSI’s to my laptop
- Hand sanitizer
- Roll of paper towel
- Tinkerbell (a necklace I got on a visit to Disneyland as a kid and it’s hung from my rear view mirror since my very first car)
- Loose change in the ashtray (I always keep at least $2 in there)
- Scotland flag decal (I won’t stick to my car so I can move it)
What 10 things do you always have in your car?
11 Dec 2012
Tags: Amazon, Barnes & Nobel, books, Brookstone, Cafe Press, e-books, gifts, Gifts for Professionals, GoneReading, holidays, Levenger, Raelyn Barclay, readers, reading, top 10 list, Urban Outfitters, Zazzle
when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
– unless it’s my house where seven are scouring around
Gifts for readers, a Top 10 List:
It’s winter, who doesn’t want to curl up with a warm drink and a good book? How about this mug from Zazzle?
Are you worried about the amount of time you spend reading? Never fear, here’s a clock from Cafe Press just for you!
E-reader accessories are a great gift for the reader. Protect that e-library with an e-reader cover — Nook or Kindle
But what I’m really hoping Santa will put under my tree…
The ultimate in reading comfort. Light. Cup holder. Pockets for books (and the remote!) this bed pillow from Brookstone has my vote!
What is your reader heart wishing for this year?
18 Sep 2012
Tags: blog, blogging, brownies, Celtic Women, Celts, children, chocolate, Chocolate Sausepan Brownies, Christmas, Cinnamon Rolls, cross-stitching, family, Kathy Owen, Marcia Richards, music, Myndi Shafer, Natalie Hartford, Raelyn Barclay, recipes, Santa Claus, top 10 list, videos
Marcia Richards had a fun post in which she shared her top 10 favorite things starting with the letter L. She had an awesome list. Marcia offered to assign a letter to anyone who wanted to play along.
She gave me “C”
Without further ado, and in no particular order, here are my top 10 favorite things beginning with “C”
(Yep, Christmas morning at our house after the boys attacked the presents.)
(You knew this had to be here somewhere, right?)
(The Wee Beasties)
(Is there anything better than coming home and sleeping in your own bed?)
(Especially around the bath tub, right Natalie?)
(As in Santa Claus. Yeah, I know it’s a bit of a cheat.)
Check out some of the other people playing along:
Myndi Shafer: B
Natalie Hartford: J
Kathy Owen: R
Aren’t you impressed it wasn’t all chocolate? If you’d like to play along, let me know in the comments and I’ll assign you a letter.
21 Feb 2012
Tags: blog, blogging, Jane Seymour, Kristen Bell, Lucy Liu, Maria Bello, Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman, Queen Latifah, Rachel Weisz, Raelyn Barclay, Rosario Dawson, Sandra Bullock, sexy, top 10 list, women
16 Feb 2012
Tags: Adrian Paul, Angela Brown, blog, blog awards, blogging, Christopher Eccleston, Ciara Knight, Claire Hennessy, Clive Owen, Eric Etebari, Erin Brambilla, Gerard Butler, Gina Carey, Hugh Jackman, Marcia Richards, Mark Dacascos, men, Natalie Hartford, Oded Fehr, Raelyn Barclay, Sendhil Ramamurthy, sexy, Shemar Moore, top 10 list, Will Smith