10. It seems trite, but I’m thankful for our pets, they enrich our family life.
9. Having worked in the non-profit, social services arena — and while the system often seems broken — I’m thankful we have something in place for those who can’t help themselves.
8. Despite my frustration with politics, I’m thankful to be living in the US. I’m very thankful for the men and women — and their families — serving in our military.
7. I’m thankful for the teachers at the wee beasties’ schools. We’ve been lucky, or blessed, with amazing instructors in a school district that would be out of business if it was in the private sector.
6. In this economy, I’m thankful for My Guy’s job. Thankful he makes enough to keep a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, and food in our bellies. The belt may be cinched up tight but we’re doing okay.
5. I’m thankful for my online friends, their support and mentoring, as I pursue this writing endeavor.
4. I am thankful for my BFF. The woman who knows the words to the song in my heart. The woman I trust to sing those words back to me when I’ve forgotten them.
3. I’m thankful for my extended family. In a time when we hear more about the families gone wrong I’m blessed with goofy loving support. And this includes my in-laws.
2. They are crazy. They are loud. They have more energy than the Energizer Bunny on speed. They fight over the smallest offenses, who gets the last word, and I rarely understand what set them off at any given time. And I am so very, very thankful for all four of the wee beasties!
1. I am thankful for My Guy.
You marched into my jungle of despair and made a path for me to walk in once more. ~Psalm 45, Psalms/Now by Leslie F. Brandt