blog, blogging, challenges, Ciara Knight, Did I Notice Your Book?, Facebook, family, Jenny Milchman, Leo Babauta, Lori Deschene, movies, music, NaNoWriMo, Raelyn Barclay, ROW80, Scrivener, Take Your Child to a Bookstore, The Polar Express, Tiny Buddha, Twitter, videos, WiP, word count, writers, writing, Zen Habits
- Hope everyone who braved Black Friday actually survived.
- In honor, or not, of the holiday shopping season, check out Zen Habits No New Gifts Holiday Challenge. One of the suggestions is “Find gratitude for what we already have” — how about the people in our lives? Check out Tiny Buddha’s 50 Ways to Show Gratitude for the People in Your Life.
- Per our holiday tradition, we’ve begun to deck the halls. This will continue all week concluding with the tree next weekend. Aw…I love Christmas decorating
- And then there’s the music and the movies…
- Okay, on to check-in stuff. Facebook and Twitter updates went pretty well this week with me doing “post and run,” LOL. But at least I got them in there.
- Blog commenting on a minimum of three blogs a day continues to go well though, for obvious reasons, I didn’t do this on Thursday. I have quite a few posts in various stages of drafts and need to spend a day replenishing my stash of scheduled posts. I do have this upcoming week already scheduled so still working with a cushion.
- Word count…I’m afraid to look, LOL. I was doing well until Tuesday when the wee beasties succeeded to giving me their cold. :peeks through fingers: 3308 between Sunday and Monday which would be awesome if I’d done any writing since! (I’m scheduling this post Saturday afternoon, so there’s still a slight chance for more words this week. Slight.)
- This also means I’ll likely be settling for Scrivener’s 20% off for participants carrot, instead of the 50% off carrot for winners, of NaNo. Aw…well, I’m that much further in my draft, so all good.
- This coming week is full of fun stuff.
We have Ciara Knight’s
(be sure to come back Thursday to check out which book I choose)
and Jenny Milchman’s