August McLaughlin, beta readers, blog, Blogger, blogging, challenges, critiques, dogs, edits & revisions, exercise, Facebook, Google, Jami Gold, Joely Sue Burkhart, link mashup, Marcia Richards, plotting, Raelyn Barclay, readers, reading, Tarot for Writers, Twitter, WiP, word count, Wordpress, writers, writing
- And we’re back to normal, well, as normal as it gets with four wild and crazy wee beasties, one faithful but bored dog, and a schedule no sane person would volunteer for!
- The writing: somehow I managed to get through the first round of rewrites. Cutting the MS down from 45+ K to 37,500…goal was closer to 30K but I’ll take it. In doing these rewrites I have realized a number of scenes need to be moved and a lot more summary type passages need to be cut or rewritten into action scenes. That is my next hurtle. I probably need to tighten up the timeline too. So I’ve printed this bad boy out and am playing around with the plot, because I’m on a deadline, I’m only giving myself this weekend to complete this step in the process. Gasp. Then for full-on revisions. I’m hoping to be ready for critique and/or beta readers in a week to 10 days so if you’re interested drop me an email at BuriedNWords [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Stating I’m hoping for critique and/or beta readers just gave me heart palpitations, LOL
- Which is probably why I loved Jami Gold’s post: What Makes You Feel Legitimate?
- The blogging: somehow managed to stay on top of my posts here. Spent some time yesterday getting more scheduled so I again have about a week’s grace on posts except for these Sunday ones. Whew.
- And ROW sister Marcia Richards did a fab post, Blog Better and Faster, on how to improve what I’ve already been doing. :high five: Marcia 🙂
- The social media: I’m slowly climbing back on that horse. I got around to a few blogs, made comments on some, even retweeted a couple. The other aspects of social media were so-so. But at least I opened them up.
- The health: oy, fail this last week. No dog walking. Even the water intake dropped. Tomorrow is a new day 🙂
- August McLaughlin gave me a nice kick in the arse with her Groovy Moving post. Thanks August 🙂
- And my fantastic mentor, Joely Sue Burkhart, brought up an interesting point in her Dressing for Success post. What do you think?
- I apologize. Blogger is not playing nice for me. For some reason, perhaps my Google profile is set up wrong, Blogger asks me to set up a Blogger blog whenever I try to comment with my Google account. Sorry, not doing that. Normally, I’ve posted under the OpenID WordPress option, however that hasn’t been working consistently since December. If your blog offers the Name/URL option I’ve been able to post comments. If not, it’s hit and miss. So I apologize if I’ve missed you.