Barbara Karmazin, beta readers, blog, blogging, character development, Dimensions, edits & revisions, exercise, Facebook, Juliette Wade, Maria Zannini, movies, Raelyn Barclay, synopsis, Triberr, Twitter, writers, writing
- Maria Zannini brought a cool movie, Dimensions, to my attention earlier in the week. Love the premise.
- The writing: is off to betas. Scared. Nervous. Excited. Looking forward to learning from the process.
- I took a couple days off. But am now in that joyful process…synopsis writing. Thank goodness for resources like Barbara Karmazin’s Outline for Character & Plot Based Synopsis. Synopsis are so MUCH harder to do after the fact and my process is uncovering little things.
- I’m not surprised. This MS was very old, as in before I knew about things like character development. A piece I never expected to bring back into the light of day despite loving the idea spark behind it. I knew going in my MC was weak, early beta returns agree, so I’m taking a page from Juliette Wade’s Know Your Character Inside & Out and going to rework the MC.
- The blogging: I’m still maintaining that week cushion. I’d like to get it up to two weeks.
- I’ve started thinking about my blogiversary coming in April…there will be giveaways 🙂 If you have a book coming out in April, I’d love to do a ‘pimpage’ post so drop me a line, all genres welcome. I’m also open to interviewing. I’d love to have reader related posts for all four Tuesdays of the month.
- The social media: well, most of my contributions this last week have been automatic updates. Still horribly behind on the blog commenting but I’m getting back up on that horse.
- The health: yay, back on the water bandwagon. Still struggling to get those doggie walks in. We did get out once this week which is better than last week 🙂
- I uncovered my desk. Whew. Amazing how much easier it is to work without piles at the elbows!
- To support the awesomeness that is ROW80 go HERE