I was having the hardest time coming up with a topic for today. Then Leanne Shirtliffe recently played this game on her blog. Ah-ha!
If you’re not familiar with Two Truths and a Lie, it works like this. One person offers three statements about herself, one of which is false. The other players then guess which statement they believe is a lie.
Two Truths and a Lie always results in bizarre stories being shared, and it pretty much always goes sideways, drifting into PG-13 or R territory.
Can you spot the lie?
- Natural Disasters
- I’ve lived through an earthquake.
- I’ve lived through a tornado.
- I’ve lived through a hurricane.
- We became friends in a high school creative writing class.
- We got kicked out of a bar.
- We take a 10-day road trip every year.
- Before That Man
- I worked as a Nanny.
- I worked as a Driver Ed Instructor.
- I worked as a Travel Agent.
- That Man
- We are the same age.
- We met on a blind date.
- We are both the oldest child.
- I collect Winnie-the-Pooh bears.
- I collect shot glasses.
- I collect Santa Clauses.
- Wee Beasties
- 3 of the 4 are gingers.
- 3 of the 4 have blue eyes.
- 3 of the 4 cut their eyebrows, requiring stitches.
In the comments, guess the lies.
Feel free to play along and leave your own three statements for the rest of us to guess which is the lie.
I’ll reveal the lies next week.