Amy Shojai, blog, blogging, Brinda Berry, challenges, dogs, exercise, Facebook, Gloria Richard, Google, Jenny Hansen, link mashup, Lisa Hall-Wilson, Lorie Huston, Marcy Kennedy, Maria Zannini, Natalie Hartford, Raelyn Barclay, Social Savvy Pets, StumbleUpon, Triberr, Twitter, Wordpress, writers, Writers in the Storm, writing, YouTube
- Did you remember to spring forward?
- A link in Amy Shojai’s Monday Mention post lead me to this Google Authorship post. Hello! It’s easy to implement and already my search engine traffic has doubled, if not tripled. Yes, my spam has also gone up, but not horribly, and WordPress does a fantastic job of catching it. Additionally, my images are coming up as searchable. I don’t know about you but I’m always looking for images…win.
- The writing: okay, so no way this side of hell is my SF piece gonna be done for submission on Thursday. I spent a bit of time going back and forth. Should I keep pushing through? Should I return to the fantasy piece I was so close to finishing the first draft on? In the end, I’ve decided to keep pushing through with the SF piece. I need to get through it, even if it never reaches publish ready, for the lessons learned aspect. Ideally, I’d like to work on the fantasy piece during my D&E writing time (new wordage) and the SF piece in the afternoon (revisions/edits).
- Ever have trouble with your sex scenes? Jenny Hansen wrote a fabulous post: Using the 12 Stages of Physical Intimacy to Build Tension. Whew, did it just get hot in here?
- The blogging: I continue to work toward having two weeks scheduled (not counting these Sunday Summary posts) and managed to get quite a few posts drafted earlier in the week. So I’m feeling like this is a win though most of those drafts aren’t ready to schedule yet. Having taken the pressure of the sub deadline off the table I’ve managed to get around to commenting more. Yay.
- Earlier this week Maria Zannini posted: Never Run Out of Blog Topics. Talk about timing!
- The social media: thanks to Jenny Hansen’s More Cowbell Tribe on Triberr I’ve been meeting my retweet goal. Since signing up for StumbleUpon and Google + I’ve actually been spreading the love around. I even managed a bit of a conversation with @NatalieHartford on Twitter. Gasp, I know.
- Speaking of social media, did you know that you will be switched to Facebook’s Timeline by the end of the month? If you haven’t played with it yet, you may want to. Perhaps 6 Reasons Authors Should Love Timeline from Marcy Kennedy and Lisa Hall-Wilson will help. I hate that they are forcing the change but I kinda like the look of it. We’ll see.
- But wait! There’s more…YouTube. Brinda Berry talked about being Savvy with Sanity on Gloria Richard’s blog. Do you utilize YouTube?
- The health: Water. Check. Sugar reduction. Check. Dog walks… half a check? Wind has been really bad again this week. 70+ wind gusts one day which trapped me inside completely! I was able to get out for a walk once plus a game of fetch (great for the dog but didn’t do much for me, LOL) another day. Still working on this. I may have to resort to running up and down the stairs for a half hour (great for me but wouldn’t do much for the dog).
- To support the awesomeness that is ROW80 go HERE