August McLaughlin, beta readers, blog, blogging, blogiversary, exercise, Facebook, giveaway, health, Jami Gold, Leanne Shirtliffe, link mashup, Lynnette Conroy, Noah Lukeman, Pinterest, procrastination, Raelyn Barclay, readers, reading, search-bomb, Sonia G Medeiros, Steampunk Tarot Deck, tarot, The Plot Thickens, time management, Triberr, Twitter, writers, writing
- Just a reminder, the more posts you comment on in April for the blogiversary the more chances you have to win one of the giveaways! Oh, and the giveaways are open to everyone on the planet.
- The Writing: The wee beasties were on Spring Break this week. So no writing. I did toy with some ‘what if’ questions on the shiny idea.
- I don’t think of the above lack of progress as procrastination (the family comes first, after all) but Sonia Medeiros wrote a fabulous post, When I Have More Time and Other Lies We Tell Ourselves, on how to combat it!
- The Reading: Still working on The Plot Thickens: 8 Ways to Bring Fiction to Life which I’m not counting toward my two craft books this round as I started it before the round.
- I’ve had the honor of being a Beta Reader. I’ve benefited from my first experience of sending something out to Beta Readers. And I highly recommend it to anyone who loves to read. Jami Gold’s How Do We Find Beta Readers post is a great place to start.
- The Blogging: Check. All aspects of this goal went well this week (except for comments on Saturday). In fact, this goal is feeling pretty set.
- Loved this post, 10 Things to Know About Blogging, from Lynnette Conroy.
- The Social Media: Check, except maybe Friday and Saturday. I had a fabulous chat on Facebook with a gal from Algeria (complete with us both using Google Translate, LOL) … how cool is that?!
- I delayed joining Pinterest at first because of the potential time suck factor even though I saw some cool author storyboards. Then the copyright and lawsuit stuff hit the fan. Pinterest stepped up to the plate and fixed things. August McLaughlin wrote a fabulous post on the changes — How to Pin Without Getting Arrested. Still not ready to jump on board but August’s post makes me feel better about joining.
- The Health: Only hit 8 glasses of water once this week, 3 a day the rest of the week. Only got out for a walk once this week due to high winds the rest of the week. Sugar reduction still on track.
- I was search-bombed by Leanne Shirtliffe (aka Ironic Mom) 😆 Here’s How to Search Bomb Your Friends. Go forth and have fun!
- To support the awesomeness that is ROW80 you can go HERE
I had planned to tease you with some of the handmade cards but I ran out of time to take a picture. I received the Tarot cards sooner than I expected :pets the pretty: so here’s a look at the Tarot deck up for grabs in the blogiversary giveaway…
That picture doesn’t do this deck justice.