A to Z Challenge, Angela Brown, blog, blogging, blogiversary, card-making, Chuck Wendig, exercise, Facebook, giveaway, health, Kate Britt, link mashup, Raelyn Barclay, readers, reading, Roni Loren, scrapbooking, Tiny Buddha, Triberr, Twitter, writers, writing
- The Writing: Not so much. It wasn’t that I didn’t get the butt in the chair, though I did have a few days where that was a struggle. I don’t fully buy into the muse but nothing spoke to me this week.
- I think I’ll print 25 Lies Writers Tell from Chuck Wendig and stick it on my wall!
- The Reading: Two more fiction stories read plus a couple of short beta reads came in, which I need to get back to the authors, hopefully today 🙂 I haven’t started the next craft book yet. I’m still trying to decide which way I want to go.
- Speaking of reading, I have been thoroughly enjoying Angela Brown’s fabulous A to Z Challenge posts. She has created wonderful characters and each post (each letter) is logically building on the one before, creating an amazing story. I encourage you to hop over and read Abby & Basil’s story. I hope she develops this an actual published book 🙂
- The Blogging: Check. I’m still maintaining about 2 weeks worth of scheduled posts. I’d love to have a month’s worth scheduled. I’m changing this goal from just posting 3 times a week (1 being these ROW80 check-ins) to scheduling 1 post per week until I have a month of posts. Once I have that cushion I’ll revisit what I need to do to maintain that cushion. Commenting: Check.
- The Social Media: I had a couple short conversations on Twitter and managed one update on Facebook above and beyond blog posts. Not great but a step in the right direction.
- I’m still trying to navigate the Twitter waters. Some days are awesome, I connect with someone and share info in a nice ratio. Others, I feel like spam, LOL. After my blog clean up between rounds, I realized I needed to do something similar with Twitter and my lists. Thanks to Roni Loren’s post about how to avoid being clique-y I think I have a plan. Just need to find the time, LOL
- The Health: Woot. I got out with Beastie Girl four of the last seven days. Each walk only lasted about 20 minutes…baby steps 🙂 Averaged 4 glasses of water each day. I did cave to the chocolate eclairs That Man bought into the house…yum, chocolate.
- I love Tiny Buddha and it is a daily must read for me. Kate Britt wrote about how Forming a Healthy Habit Starts From Within. What’s is your exercising obstacle?
- To support the awesomeness that is ROW80 you can go HERE
Here’s a look at more of the cards up for grabs in the blogiversary giveaway…
All the cards are blank inside for your personal message and come with envelops. (Cards like the Mother’s Day card may cost extra to mail due to bulk.)