Ace of Swords, Ace of Wands, Aries, brainstorming, character development, elements, Fire, Joanna Powell Colbert, Leo, Meet the Cards, Minor Arcana, numbers, numerology, one, plotting, Raelyn Barclay, Sagittarius, tarot, writers, writing
What I See:
Blah. Not real thrilled with a snake. However, there is a feeling of curiosity or of meeting the world for the first time. I’m reminded of the wonder at seeing the world through the eyes of a child. We see the fire element in the sparks shooting up into the blackness of night in the background. I imagine a crackling fire and am reminded of the creativity the element symbolizes.
General Fire element/Wands suit:
- Keywords: Career, Creativity, Faith, Growth, Ideas, Innovation, Projects, Innovation, Risk, Energy, Action, Enthusiasm, Optimism, Desire, Passion, Perception, Determination, Will, Defiant, Defensive, Daring, Ecstatic, Pride, Ego, and Restlessness.
- Style: Exploding, Activating, and Inspiring.
- Jungian Function: Intuition or Feeling
Light (upright) Reading:
You have discovered a new way of expression.
- Keywords: New Beginnings, Inspiration, Innovation, and Virility.
Shadow (upside down or reverse) Reading:
Preferring to stay where you are, you fear change.
- Keywords: Selfishness, Poor Planning, Deflation, and Anger.
The Ace of Fire represents a new beginning on a spiritual level. Perhaps your story is about the seminary or a shaman. The wand can be a phallic symbol. Perhaps your story involves the need to procreate.
All Aces represent the potential for creation. Perhaps you story involves a pregnancy. Perhaps a new idea is conceived.
You could take a more sinister path. The wand could be a wooden club, a weapon. A poisonous snake. A fire raging out of control.
How about a magic wand? Or maybe, just maybe, that’s not a snake emerging from that egg but a dragon…
- Ace Themes: Beginning, Opportunity, Conception, Birth, Potential, or Elemental Energy.
Shed the old and embrace the new, like a snake sheds its skin.
- Suit Archetype/Feudal Class: Peasant or Servant Class.
Additionally, look up one of the Fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) for personality traits.
For more information on the Aces in general, please refer back to the Ace of Air.
Image: Gaian Tarot by Joanna Powell Colbert from Llewellyn Worldwide