Amy Shojai, blog, blogging, books, challenges, Ciara Knight, e-books, Escapement, exercise, Facebook, Goodreads, health, Judy Dunn, Kristin Nador, link mashup, Nadja Notariani, Raelyn Barclay, readers, reading, tagline, The Third Fate, Triberr, Twitter, Weighted, writers, writing
Happy Memorial Day!
Sending out a huge Thank You to all military men and women, and their families!
- The Writing: I continued to lurk in my class this week. Internet was out all day Thursday so I was able to catch up on some of my assignments though the intermittent outages on Friday and Saturday have kept me from loading them to the class forum thus far.
- The Reading: Currently, I’m reading Nadja Notariani’s The Third Fate. Nadja is kicking off the summer by offering this gem for 99 cents! Come on, you know you want to.
- Squee! I’m taking part in spreading some cover reveal goodness today. Weighted by Ciara Knight is a young adult post-apocalyptic (with paranormal elements) novelette. With this prequel novelette, releasing August 2012, Knight introduces us to The Neumarian Chronicles. Book I, Escapement, is due for release in 2013.
Here’s the blurb:
The Great War of 2185 is over, but my nightmare has just begun. I am being held captive in the Queen’s ship awaiting interrogation. My only possible ally is the princess, but I’m unsure if she is really my friend or a trap set by the Queen to fool me into sharing the secret of my gift. A gift I keep hidden even from myself. It swirls inside my body begging for release, but it is the one thing the Queen can never discover. Will I have the strength to keep the secret? I’ll know the answer soon. If the stories are true about the interrogators, I’ll either be dead or a traitor to my people by morning.
Here’s the cover:
Love it! You can even add this to your Goodreads list.
- The Blogging: Again, nothing added to the queue and my cushion is getting smaller…yikes. For the most part, I think I hit my comment/share goals with the exception of Thursday.
- Following a link in Amy Shojai’s Monday Mention post took me to 7 Keys to Blogging on a Consistent Basis by Kristin Nador. That post in turn led me to 4 Ways to Define Your Audience and The Hollywood Guide to a Better Blog Tagline. Holy smokes! So much fabulous info. Does your blog have a tagline? Does it describe your blog, or what you want your blog to say? I know mine doesn’t. I better get to work 🙂
- The Social Media: I think this went fairly well but like last week I was really bad about tracking things. Lack of internet didn’t help at all…yes, I’m one of those who doesn’t have a phone to help me out in this area. Most of the time, I’m rather glad.
- The Health: Back on track this week. Yay. The walking of the dog was still a bit hit and miss but we did get out three mornings. I actually met my water goal five of the last seven days. The more I do it the easier it becomes, or so I keep telling myself.
- To support the awesomeness that is ROW80 you can go HERE