blog, blogging, challenges, dogs, exercise, Facebook, family, Goodreads, health, interviews, Margie Lawson, Morning Pages, Raelyn Barclay, reading, ROW80, The 30-Day Diabetes Cure, Twitter, writers, writing
One always hopes the sending out of resumes will generate interest which will, in turn, generate interviews and that dream job offer.
As always seems to happen, I spent months — months I tell you! — sending out resumes, tweaking cover letters, and sending out even more resumes with nary a response.
What was in the water last week? Not that I’m complaining…
Seriously, though. Got a call Thursday morning for an interview that afternoon which I had to turn down as I was walking out the door with the wee beasties for some Spring Break fun. And a dam broke.
Two interviews scheduled for Monday, one for Tuesday, and two (well, kinda three) for Wednesday. On top of that goodness, one email requesting further information, a phone interview, a SECOND interview, still another I need to call to schedule, and yet another scheduled for tomorrow.
Exhausted? I am.
Then there’s all that interview etiquette to follow up with. You know, the thank yous. A great chance to sale yourself but I’m so not the tipping of my own hat kinda person and these are hard for me to pen.
I had Thursday off, but did I do anything other than put my house back in order? Nope. Allow me to sit back and catch up on my DVR recordings, please. Thank you very much.
Have you ever had a whirlwind week of interviews?
Sadly, still sans job. I did have an offer but declined it. However, here’s hoping the momentum continues this coming week 🙂
On to the ROW80 part of this program.
- Morning Pages for a minimum of 250 words or half hour, whichever comes first, every day. 1965 words and all days but Friday.
- Fiction, either 250 new words (new or existing WIP) or 1 hour of editing each week. Not at the time of scheduling this post.
- Post three times a week here on the blog. Yep. I had Stepping up to Another Round of ROW80 on Sunday, Dress for Success on Tuesday, and Happy Birthday Blog on Thursday.
- Finish Margie Lawson’s Deep EDITS lesson packets. Not yet.
- A minimum of 8 books to stay on track for 100 books this year. Not yet.
- Update Goodreads at least every other week. Not yet
- Visit and comment on 5 blogs, at least three times per week, for a total of 15 blogs each week. Only hit 8.
- One non-blog related post per week on Facebook and Twitter. Twitter, yes. Facebook, no.
- One share, re-tweet, whatnot per week on Facebook and Twitter. Twitter, yes. Facebook, no.
- Exercise three times per week. Only got out with the dog once this week and no other activities.
- Complete The 30-day Diabetes Cure in April. Doing well with the Day 1 assignment of cutting all sugars for 10 days. Finding the other daily assignments more of a challenge, perhaps I wasn’t prepared enough in the kitchen for the changes. However, I am sticking to the plan as best I can and next week will be better!
- Family day, no working and time with family, one day per week. Yep
You can find and support other ROWers HERE.