Ace of Pentacles, brainstorming, Capricorn, character development, Corrine Kenner, Court Cards, Earth, elements, Harry Potter, JK Rowling, Joanna Powell Colbert, Knight of Pentacles, Meet the Cards, Minor Arcana, numbers, numerology, plotting, Prince of Pentacles, Raelyn Barclay, recommended reads, Suzanne Collins, tarot, Tarot for Writers, Taurus, The Hunger Games, two, Virgo, writers, writing
Generally, all Knights:
- Seeking Challenges, Quest Driven.
- Express the Fire aspect of their suit, or element.
- Correspond to the Twos.
- Symbolize the journeyman or explorer.
- Serve as action or movement.
- For additional info on the Explorers check out Tarot Elements’ post: Knights and Princes
What I See:
She could be doing just about anything from foraging to tracking to gathering firewood. She’s very alert, I doubt much of anything could sneak up on her. I get a sense of being stronger than one thinks. I’m sure she knows how to survive in the forest and could do quite well on her own if need be. (She kinda reminds me of Katniss.)
General Earth element/Pentacles suit:
Please refer back to the Ace of Earth.
Light (upright) Reading:
This is a time to focus on “how” rather than “why” and the rewards of hard work.
- Keywords: Practical, Purposeful, Responsible, Skillful, or Pragmatic.
Shadow (upside down or reverse) Reading:
Beware of being overly cautious or pessimistic.
- Keywords: Impatience, Insensitivity, Arrogant, Cynical, or Intolerant.
A ghost story. A spirit guide tale. Perhaps your MC is a witch and the stag is her familiar? Or how about a page out of Harry Potter and the stag is a protection charm?
How about a rite of passage tale? Or a quest? Perhaps, a getting back to nature story. Or survival of the fittest? Maybe the responsible youth? While his friends are off having adventures, or joining the military, he stays home taking care of the “village.”
- Explorer Themes: Energy, Passion, Motion Towards Goal, Intention, Focus, Single-mindedness, Idealism, Vitality, or Lust for Life.
According to Tarot for Writers by Corrine Kenner, a reversed Knight of Pentacles foretold a brief period of unemployment. Perhaps a tale of recession? Being laid off. Looking for work. Or how far would your MC go to support his/her family?
“I live within Nature’s bounty.” ~Joanna Powell Colbert
- Suit Archetype/Feudal Class: Merchants, Business, and Professional class.
MBTI: ESFP (Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving)
The nine-point personality enneagram can also be useful for character building.
Explorers/Knights/Princes are E7: Epicure, Enthusiast, Visionary, Dream, and/or Generalist
- Self Image — I am happy
- Passion — Gluttony, Over-indulgence, or Charlatanry
- Virtue — Sobriety
- Narcissistic Trap — Idealism
- Avoids — Pain
- Speaking Style — Garrulous or Story-telling
E7 people are ruled by their head. They need to understand the pattern of events, where all the pieces fit in the puzzle of life, and are often detached from their emotions. Their objectivity may hide feelings of isolation or confusion.
Additionally, look up one of the Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) for personality traits.
- Careers: Accountants, Doctors, Mathematician, Merchandising, Hospitality/Hotel Management, Horticulturalist, Landscape Artists, Civil Servants, Editors, and Dietician/Nutritionist.
- Recreation: Biking, Jogging, Aerobics, Calisthenics, Martial Arts, and All minimalistic things that have maximum impact.
Image: Gaian Tarot by Joanna Powell Colbert from Llewellyn Worldwide