Generally, I’ve not been a fan of the system restore feature on computers. It takes up a lot of storage space and if you aren’t careful you can end up restoring a virus or worse.
Something happened this week that caused my computer to “lose” my profile log-in. I didn’t catch it right away because of the craziness this week leading to not even sitting down at my computer for almost 48 hours.
To say I freaked out would be an understatement. My LIFE is on this computer.
I email myself backups on a pretty regular basis. I’d like to say I do it weekly, and I do for the most part, but I’m not consistent. Sure, I could recreate most of the data not backed up. But what a pain. Worst case, I figured I’d lose about ten days worth and of that only the photos would be a hardship.
Yesterday, I took a deep breath and started the computer in safe mode. It took about 20 minutes to figure out what might have happened and another 20 to run the system restore and…
Thank God, the Universe, or Elves, I have my ‘puter back 🙂 Yep, backed up everything!
So, this ROW80 check-in is a bit skinny.
- Morning Pages for a minimum of 250 words or half hour, whichever comes first, 6 days per week. – 976 words/3 days (and it’s still half the goal…color me amazed)
- Fiction, at least an hour each week. It can be brainstorming, plotting, writing, or editing. – Nope.
- Post three times a week here on the blog. – Yep, there was Batteries Recharged on Sunday, my new craft project – Mystery Knit on Tuesday, and meet the Guardian of Earth on Thursday.
- A minimum of 10 books to stay on track for 100 books this year. – No change from last week, 6 thus far.
- Update Goodreads at least every other week. – Nope.
- Visit and comment on at least 12 blogs each week. – Only 9 this week.
- One non-blog related post per week on Facebook and Twitter. – Twitter, yes. Facebook, no.
- One share, re-tweet, whatnot per week on Facebook and Twitter. – No to both.
- Exercise three times per week. – Nope.
- Family day, no working and time with family, one day per week. – Only if you count the almost one-on-one with each kid during their school orientations.
- Allow myself an hour each week for me time. – Not yet.
Be sure to check out, support, the other ROWers.