Annabel Joseph, blog, blogging, books, challenges, Coyote Con, exercise, Facebook, family, Fever Dream, goals, Goodreads, health, Joely Sue Burkhart, Joey W Hill, Kiss Across Time, NaNoWriMo, Natural Law, Raelyn Barclay, reading, ROW80, Tracy Cooper-Posey, Twitter, writers, writing
Yep, craziness sums up my month and it isn’t over yet.
We have entered into our craziness of birthdays and anniversaries and holidays. Seriously. It started last month with my parents’ anniversary. The wee beasties’ birthdays are bang, bang, bang, bang starting this month. That Man’s parents’ anniversary AND our anniversary are next month. Then the holidays. It’s enough to make my head spin.
I won’t even get started on the school, sport, and choir craziness.
Coyote Con wraps up this weekend. The closing chat will be at 9 PM ET tonight. Sadly, not as successful a con as last year’s. I think a lot of which is due to Joely and I getting started too late this year. Something we’re already in talks to correct next year.
I ordered this Weekly Planner (with monthly calendar and goal planning) in an attempt to manage that elusive time I talked about last week. The way this planner is laid out makes me think I’ll be able to consolidate a couple calendars. And “less is more” is always a good way to roll. However, I’m really hoping this will help me identify blocks of time for writing. Something I’ll need help with next month. Yep, I am biting the bullet for NaNoWriMo (along with two of the wee beasties).
Actually, now that I think about it, with a Thanksgiving trip, perhaps I should have saved that title for NEXT month!
On to my ROW80 check-in for the week.
- Morning Pages for a minimum of 250 words or half hour, whichever comes first, 6 days per week. ~ 1253 words/3 days (calling this a win because it’s over half the goal, still needs work though)
- Fiction, at least an hour each week. It can be brainstorming, plotting, writing, or editing. ~ Not yet. And with NaNo around the corner I better get crackin’ on at least the brainstorming!
- Not a goal but rather a note to self: maintain 3 blog posts per week. With the Meet the Cards series at an end this may be more of a challenge. ~ Done.
- A minimum of 12 books to stay on track for 100 books this year. ~ 5 completed/7 remaining. I finished Fever Dream (BDSM Ballet) by Annabel Joseph, Natural Law by Joey W. Hill, and Kiss Across Time by Tracy Cooper-Posey. I even finished a beta read this week. Whew…heavy reading week.
- Update Goodreads at least every other week. ~ Done, including the widget.
- Visit and comment on at least 12 blogs per week, 3 of which HAVE to be ROW80 blogs. ~ 17 total/3 ROW80
- One non-blog related post per week on Facebook and Twitter. ~ Facebook, no. (Unless you count the Goodreads feeds to Facebook) Twitter, yes.
- One share, re-tweet, whatnot per week on Facebook and Twitter. ~ Facebook, no. Twitter, yes.
- Exercise three times per week. ~ Nope. I thought about it though, LOL
- Allow myself an hour each week for me time. ~ Done.
- Not a goal but a note to self: maintain family day, one day each week. ~ Done.
You can find and support other ROWers HERE.