I went into the month with only this wee bit of brainstorming and a lot of “what the hell.” Oh, I’ve gotten words, nowhere near what I need to even place in NaNo, but words nonetheless. I have a comfortable grasp of my heroine’s voice.
But I stalled this week.
I have no clue where I’m going. I need a road map.
While this is frustrating to have happen during NaNo, it’s a huge change from where I started as a writer. I started my writing journey firmly in the “fly by the seat of my pants” group. My early stories had vignettes of amazing characters and absolutely no plot.
Whether this NaNo story gets edited and polished into something readable isn’t important. It’s getting me back in fiction mode which was the reason I jumped on board. But I can’t continue blind. So, this weekend, it is back to the planning drawing board to flesh out that brainstorming spread I did.
I’m not crazy, I’ll be adding the words I come up with to my NaNo count. Hopefully, an amazing and inspiring blurb for this tale will come out of the process and light a wordage fire in me.
- Morning Pages for a minimum of 250 words or half hour, whichever comes first, 6 days per week. ~ Nada :cough: NaNo :cough:
- Fiction, at least an hour each week. It can be brainstorming, plotting, writing, or editing. ~ Yep:
- NaNo Day 3 = 2971 words
- NaNo Day 4 = 1076 words, which included a fun 1/2 hour sprint via text with Joely
- NaNo Day 5 = 719 words
- NaNo Day 6 = 991 words
- NaNo Day 7 = 2078 words
- NaNo Day 8 = 460 words
- NaNo Day 9 = 356 words, plus 1029 words of planning (as of the scheduling of this post)
- Update NaNoWriMo Page at least every other day. ~ Done.
- Not a goal but rather a note to self: maintain 3 blog posts per week. With the Meet the Cards series at an end this may be more of a challenge. ~ Done.
- A minimum of 12 books to stay on track for 100 books this year. ~ 7 completed/5 remaining.
- Update Goodreads at least every other week. ~ N/A (no reading this week)
- Visit and comment on at least 12 blogs per week, 3 of which HAVE to be ROW80 blogs. ~ 16 total/1 ROW80 (oops, I was a bad ROW supporter this week)
- One non-blog related post per week on Facebook and Twitter. ~ Yes, on both.
- One share, re-tweet, whatnot per week on Facebook and Twitter. ~ Nada, on both.
- Exercise three times per week. ~ Nada.
- Allow myself an hour each week for me time. ~ Done.
- Not a goal but a note to self: maintain family day, one day each week. ~ Done.