blog, blogging, books, challenges, Come Home to Me, Doctor Who, dogs, exercise, Facebook, family, goals, Goodreads, health, Lady of Devices, NaNoWriMo, Peggy Henderson, Raelyn Barclay, reading, ROW80, Shelley Abina, Twitter, word count, writers, writing
I’ve been at this ROW80 thing long enough that Sunday check-ins are a pretty established habit at this point. I have to be head swimming crazy not to schedule a Sunday update. Today’s no different.
The adage is that a habit takes 21 days to form. I guess that also means it takes 21 days to break a bad habit, LOL.
Writing daily is a habit I want to develop. I’ve had some successes and I’ve had some failures in this endeavor over the last year. It’s easy to say, “Make time for it.” Heck, I’ve said it myself. One thing NaNo has done for me this year is using 15-30 minutes of my lunch hour for writing. Some days have been impressive, handwriting 600+ words. Others have been a study in frustration, netting less than 100 words. But with few exceptions, I wrote every day.
I’m excited about the story I’m working on but it needs more attention than I can fit in right now. I will continue working on it. However, NaNo is a bust for 2013.
- Morning Pages for a minimum of 250 words or half hour, whichever comes first, 6 days per week. ~ 1007 words/4 days.
- Fiction, at least an hour each week. It can be brainstorming, plotting, writing, or editing. ~ Yep:
- NaNo Day 17 = 2226 words
- NaNo Day 18 = 2212 words
- NaNo Day 19 = 182 words
- NaNo Day 20 = 1187 words
- NaNo Day 21 = 0 words
- NaNo Day 22 = 302 words
- NaNo Day 23 = 175 words
- Update NaNoWriMo Page at least every other day. ~ Done.
- Not a goal but rather a note to self: maintain 3 blog posts per week. With the Meet the Cards series at an end this may be more of a challenge. ~ Done.
- A minimum of 12 books to stay on track for 100 books this year. ~ 8 completed/3 remaining. Finished up Lady of Devices by Shelley Adina and Come Home to Me by Peggy Henderson this week.
- Update Goodreads at least every other week. ~ Done.
- Visit and comment on at least 12 blogs per week, 3 of which HAVE to be ROW80 blogs. ~ 16 total/5 ROW.
- One non-blog related post per week on Facebook and Twitter. ~ Yes, on Twitter. No, on Facebook (unless you count the Goodreads posts).
- One share, re-tweet, whatnot per week on Facebook and Twitter. ~ Yes, on Twitter. No, on Facebook.
- Exercise three times per week. ~ Nada.
- Allow myself an hour each week for me time. ~ Nada.
- Not a goal but a note to self: maintain family day, one day each week. ~ Nada.
Yeah, not a great non-writery week. Though there was a lot of family stuff with basketball and choir and Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special 😉