All of You, baking, blog, blogging, Bob's Red Mill, books, brownies, Butter Tarts, Cat Johnson, challenges, Cinderella Liberty, dogs, exercise, Facebook, family, goals, Goodreads, health, Muesli cookies, Raelyn Barclay, reading, recipes, Rhian Cahill, ROW80, Shortbread, Twitter, word count, writers, writing
This holiday season has gotten away from me. I’m sure it is due to Thanksgiving being late this year and the fact we hit the road for the holiday. So I’m behind in all my usual Christmas preparations, like baking. I love baking Christmas treats. I usually start in November, making a few here and there, and freezing half so the wee beasties have a selection for Santa.
Yesterday was spent in a flurry of baking — Brownies (with mint chips), Magic Bars, Shortbread, and Muesli Cookies — I also made up Sugar Cookie dough for today’s baking and Pie Crust for Butter Tarts.
Cream 1/2 cup of butter with 1/3 cup of powdered sugar. Stir in the vanilla. Mix in the floor. Knead in the bowl long enough to incorporate all the flour and the dough is smooth.
If you have a shortbread pan: Lightly spray with non-stick spray, press the dough into the pan, and prick the entire surface with a fork.
If you don’t have a shortbread pan: Shape dough into a round about 1/4 thick, score wedges in the dough, and prick the entire surface with a fork. (A baking stone is better than a cookie sheet but either will work.)
Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Turn out onto a cutting board and cut along the scored lines.
What’s your favorite Holiday Cookie?
- Morning Pages for a minimum of 250 words or half hour, whichever comes first, 6 days per week. ~ 714 words/2 days
- Fiction, at least an hour each week. It can be brainstorming, plotting, writing, or editing. ~ 166 words/20 minutes
- Not a goal but rather a note to self: maintain 3 blog posts per week. With the Meet the Cards series at an end this may be more of a challenge. ~ Well, I got 2 posts done. I’ve not done well at queuing up posts as I’d hoped for this round.
- A minimum of 12 books to stay on track for 100 books this year. ~ 11 completed/1 remaining. Finished up All Of You (Only You) by Rhian Cahill and Cinderella Liberty by Cat Johnson this week.
- Update Goodreads at least every other week. ~ Done, and I updated the widget in the sidebar.
- Visit and comment on at least 12 blogs per week, 3 of which HAVE to be ROW80 blogs. ~ 14 total/3 ROW80
- One non-blog related post per week on Facebook and Twitter. ~ Twitter, yes. Facebook, no.
- One share, re-tweet, whatnot per week on Facebook and Twitter. ~ Twitter, yes. Facebook, no.
- Exercise three times per week. ~ Nope.
- Allow myself an hour each week for me time. ~ Done.
- Not a goal but a note to self: maintain family day, one day each week. ~ Done.