A Knight in Shining Armor, blog, blogging, challenges, Desire's Edge, Eden Bradley, Eve Berlin, exercise, Facebook, family, goals, Goodreads, health, Jude Deveraux, Mary K Greer, Raelyn Barclay, readers, reading, ROW80, tarot, Twitter, Who Are You in the Tarot, writers, writing
Having boys means a lot of my time is spent schlepping to practices and games and being the supportive spectator. Over the years we’ve done baseball and soccer, and even tae-kwon-do.
It was an easy thing while living in rural Oregon where everything was five minutes from everything else, LOL. Even with That Man traveling I was able to keep up.
Here in Vegas it’s more of a challenge meeting all the activities for all the of boys, especially during the first three months of the year when That Man is crazy busy. This will be the first season where I’m working, too. It should be interesting.
Spring football has started.
#2 has started tackle football in preparation of following his dream of playing high school football with an eye toward a football scholarship for university. Gotta love a kid with plans. His schedule is crazy busy though. Practice three nights a week and games every Saturday (once they start mid-March).
#3 and #4 will be starting flag football this upcoming week. (I’m not in a financial position to buy gear for three though #4 would probably be a great tackle player.)
All of this on top of the fact #3 is still in choir with practice every Wednesday after school and performances most Thursday nights.
- I have once again registered on Goodreads to read 100 books. However, this may change as I plan to put writing before reading this year.
- Lose 50 pounds. I slacked off the last part of 2013, ’nuff said. – Grr, up 2.6 this week.
Quarterly (AKA ROW80) Goals
- Draft the Steampunk story I attempted for NaNo 2013. Oh, and figure out a title.
- Read Who Are You in the Tarot? by Mary K. Greer and do the applicable exercises. – Read two chapters, no exercises yet.
- Read, at least, one paper book. With the ease of carrying my eReaders around my poor paper books have been neglected. – Goal attained for January. Read Desire’s Edge by Eden Bradley writing as Eve Berlin. Goal attained for February. Read A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux.
- At least, one date night with That Man. – Goal attained for January.
- Spend a minimum of 3 hours per week on writing. – Not attained.
- Maintain 3 blog posts per week. – Not attained. Only 2 of the 3.
- Visit and comment on at least 12 blogs per week, 3 of which HAVE to be ROW80 blogs. – Target attained (21/4 ROW blogs).
- Connect on Facebook and Twitter with, at least, one non-blog post or share per week. – Target attained.
- Maintain books read on Goodreads. – Target attained.
- Exercise 3 times per week. – Not attained. Only 1 of the 3.
You can find and support other ROWers HERE.
How was your Valentine’s Day?