- Nutmeg and Cheese. I add nutmeg to just about every cheese sauce I make. Mac and cheese with fresh grated nutmeg, heaven. Alfredo sauce with fresh grated nutmeg, divine. Freshly grated nutmeg into the ricotta for that lasagna, scrumptious.
- Dark Chocolate and Raspberries. I love this in any form though I indulge this combo most often in my coffee.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Tomato Soup. This has to be one of my main comfort foods.
- Fish and Chips with Melt Vinegar. That Man thinks this is the nastiest combo on the planet but the Brit in me says this is the only way to eat Fish and Chips. Le Yum.
- Cinnamon and Chocolate. I add cinnamon to hot cocoa, to coffee (when not indulging in the aforementioned combo), and chocolate chip cookies.
- Tea and Scones. Especially delicious if the scones are cranberry-orange.
- Cranberry and Orange. Toss dried cranberries and mandarin oranges in with salad greens. My favorite combo in scones and muffins. Great addition to a harvest dressing (stuffing). Cook pork chops or chicken breasts in orange juice and serve with cranberry sauce.
- Yogurt and Muesli. My current favorite breakfast. 3/4 cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular) with a 1/4 cup Muesli, combine the night before. Makes for a quick and easy breakfast that’s full of protein and very satisfying.
- Whole Wheat Toast with Peanut Butter. Add a glass of milk and this offers a full protein.
- Orange Juice and Champagne 😉
What is your favorite food pairing?