So here’s 10 things about my Bedroom Suite.
- My parents bought it in a garage sale the year they married.
- My parents shipped it cross country, at least once, including a ferry crossing or two, and brought it to the states from Canada.
- I claimed it the summer of ’76, rescuing it from our family garage sale.
- I’ve moved it cross country twice.
- I remember the thrill of touching the top of the highboy dresser for the first time as a child. It sparkles in my memory like a rite of passage or, at least, growth.
- I’ve watched that same thrill dance in each of the wee beasties’ eyes when they touched the top of the highboy dresser for the first time.
- Two of the four wee beasties were born on the bed embraced by its head and foot boards.
- It is a French Provincial suite consisting of head and foot boards, dresser and mirror, highboy dresser, and two night stands in a natural wood accented with gold leaf.
- It needs Maria’s refinishing magic, desperately. Barring that, money and time 🙂
- It officially became an antique in the years since I claimed it – I estimate it to be in the neighborhood of 130 years old this year.
~Sorry no picture, too much chaos here in Casa de Barclay.