It’s dark. Mum and Dad have created little nests in the car for my sister and me, with lots of room in the middle of the back seat in a preemptive strike against the “her foot’s toughing me” sure to happen otherwise. We’ve been bathed and dressed in our jammies. We snuggle into our nests, too excited to actually sleep as planned. We pull out of the driveway, make the turn out of the cul-de-sac, stop at the STOP sign a block from our street, and…
“Are we there yet,” my little sister asks.
I’ve been feeling a lot like that this Round.
Yes, there’s been a lot on my plate with looking for work, interviewing for positions, landing a position, and learning a boat — no, ship of QE2 proportions — load of stuff for that newly landed job. I’m loving it, don’t get me wrong. The people are amazing. The work is challenging without being overwhelming.
However, there’s also the fact this is the first truly full-time position I’ve held since having the wee beasties. That’s been a huge adjustment for all of us.
I’ve been waiting for that golden moment. The moment when everything falls into place. I know it’s there, just out of reach…
On with the ROW80 part of the program.
- Morning Pages for a minimum of 250 words or half hour, whichever comes first, every day. Sadly, not a word.
- Fiction, either 250 new words (new or existing WIP) or 1 hour of editing each week. Not a word, yet I stubbornly refuse to take this goal down. It’s become my elephant in the room though.
- Post three times a week here on the blog. Yep. We had Sunday’s Mother’s Day, Tuesdays were put on Hiatus, and the first of the Court Cards when we met the Child (Page) of Water on Thursday.
- A minimum of 8 books to stay on track for 100 books this year. Cornerstone (Souls Of The Stones) by Kelly Walker, Delicate Freakn’ Flower (Freakn’ Shifters (MFM)) by Eve Langlais, and Warrior’s Bride (Stone of Destiny Series) by Garri Russell. Wheee — that makes this COMPLETE + 1, with 9 books read this Round.
- Update Goodreads at least every other week. Yep. I even updated the Reading Challenge widget.
- Visit and comment on 5 blogs, at least three times per week, for a total of 15 blogs each week. A whomping 6
- One non-blog related post per week on Facebook and Twitter. Nope.
- One share, re-tweet, whatnot per week on Facebook and Twitter. Nope.
- Exercise three times per week. I got out with Beastie Girl FOUR times.
- Complete The 30-day Diabetes Cure in April. COMPLETE.
- Family day, no working and time with family, one day per week. Yep.
How was your week?
You can find and support other ROWers HERE.