Well, that’s all fine and dandy, but how much gold does said pot hold?
According to Mystic Investigations “a Leprechaun’s pot o’ gold generally contains 1,000 one-ounce pure gold coins.”
And as of Monday’s market close, how much is it worth?
According to the US Gold Bureau an ounce of gold is worth $1,155.
1,000 X $1,155.00 = $1,155,000.00
Now, that is a number I can get my head around 🙂
So, without further ado:
- The 6-bedroom house with a pool That Man and I have our eyes on, even though it would take magic for it to fit in the budget.
- Braces for ALL FOUR wee beasties, sigh, they have my tooth alignment.
- It’s not a purchase, per se, but I’d stick what I could into That Man and my retirement accounts, and a fair amount into the wee beasties’ college plans. I know that number looks huge but I’ve seen what windfalls can do to the unprepared.
- Dream cars for That Man and me, and maybe even oldest beastie (assuming he EVER gets around to taking his learner’s permit test). Of course, my dream car from this post is no longer available, but I’m sure something will catch my eye.
- A vacation, or two, off the bucket list. Starting with a honeymoon.
- Stick some into my tummy tuck fund. Four wee beasties + weight loss = flab NO amount of exercise will do away with. TMI? Sorry.
- New computers, all around.
- I’m sure we’d need furniture and appliances for that new 6-bedroom house.
- I’m sure we could all use new clothes and shoes.
- And finally, because I’m scraping bottom here, upgrade the cell phones.
So, if you bypassed the three wishes you’d get for returning the pot o’ gold, what would you buy with that $1.15 million?